Invite your friends to join an
EXPEDITION at the Zoological Museum
Have your children's birthday party at the Zoological Museum and give the kids and their friends an experience beyond the ordinary.
Together with one of the museum hosts you will go on a scientific expedition to the animal kingdom. Step back in time as a fossil-hunter and face a giant dinosaur. Go around the world from north to south, over the ice cap in the biting cold and through the dark jungle, teeming with fascinating insects. Explore the conservator's workshop where insects, birds, fish and mammals are prepared for the collections and for the researchers' studies and try yourself to work as a conservator, palaeontologist or biologist – it gets wild!
The Expedition includes
- An introduction in the museum's Discovery Room (approx. 10 min.)
- A speciel guided tour in the Zoological Museum with our own host (45 min.)
- A workshop where everyone can make their own zoological souvenir (20 min.)
- A reserved table in the lunch room for the birthday guests (approx. 1 hour)
- Entrance to the Zoological Museum's exhibitions, that you are welcome to explore on your own before or after the Expedition (within the museum's opening hours)
Price and payment
The basic amount for booking the Birthday Expedition is 1.200 DKK. This booking fee has to bee paid in advance and is non-refundable.
Furthermore, you have to pay general admission to the museum at the ticket counter upon arrival:
- 50 DKK per child
- The booking fee includes free access for two adults
- 95 DKK per other adult
- A season pass gives free access when the booking amount is paid
When: On Saturdays and Sundays at 10:15 and 12:15. However, it is not possible to book the Birthday Expedition from the 1st of December to the 8th of January or during the school holidays.
How many: The maximum number of participants is 25 children.
Age group: The Birthday Expedition is appropriate for children age 6-12 years.
Food and drinks: After the Expedition you are able to use the museum's lunch room for one hour. You are welcome to bring your own food and drinks, as well as tablecloths, flags etc.
If you have further questions, please write us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please request a date by completing this form...
The booking has to take place at least 10 days before the wanted date.
If you want to book a children's birthday party, please request a date by completing this form...
The booking has to take place at least 10 days before the requested date.
Due to the construction of the Niels Bohr building, there are only a limited number of parking spaces available at the Zoological Museum.
If you have further questions, please write us an email: